Thursday, February 11, 2010

Getting to Know You...

As a virgin blogger I spent a lot of time thinking about what to include in my daily posts.

As I said yesterday, I am inspired by the blogs I read, and in turn hope to inspire with my blog.

I thought today would be a good day to tell you a little bit about myself, and what I do.

I studied fashion at LISOF, a fashion college in Rosebank, Johannesburg, and graduated with a diploma in 2006.  Here are some pictures of my final year fashion show:











I then went on to do a post-graduate course in order to earn my degree (BA). This has been quite a process, and has taken me much longer than anticipated - studying and working full time is not easy! None the less, I finally submitted my dissertation titled " Does Footwear Reflect the Spirit of the Time with Regard to Feminism?", and eagerly await my results...

I am currently working as a menswear designer, designing men’s casual wear for various retail stores throughout the country. This is most enjoyable, as I work with such a wide range of stores, that appeal to so many different markets, so everday is something different.

Most recently, myself and three talented young ladies have decided to start our own fashion label, this is terribly exciting, and we are all exploding with ideas...will keep you posted as things progress…


1 comment:

  1. i cant believe it thats so great im so proud that you followed the dream you had and it came true.well done and good luck.success

    ReplyDelete