Monday, May 30, 2011

Life & Learning

This past week has been somewhat testing. The build up alone made me doubt my abilities, and understanding of a job that I have been doing since December. Granted, it is like nothing I have ever done before, but surely it can’t be this difficult...Or can it? I really believe that after doing this job, barring open heart surgery, I can do most anything. Every day I learn something new, and every day I am faced with new challenges. I am doing things that I have never done before, and it seems I am just expected to know exactly how to do what is expected, with a vague understanding of what it is that is expected. Some people believe that being thrown into the deep end is the best way to learn how to swim – and here I am, swimming, perhaps not with the most grace, but I am perfecting my stroke as I go.




“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.”
C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment