I am someone who gets incredibly excited about my birthday.
I count the sleeps, and plan the celebrations well in advance. This level of
planning is necessary when the celebration lasts at least a week.
Finally, it is time for the celebrations to commence!
Below are a few things on my Birthday Wishlist... and looking back, it's really not dissimilar to my Christmas Wishlist which I posted 2 years ago.
For as long as I can remember, my favourite animal has been
a Panda Bear… What’s not to love about a monochromatic, bamboo eating bear. I
know you have all seen numerous images of these guys being awesome, and if you're lucky, you witnessed mama bear’s surprise at the high pitched sneeze of her
So naturally, when I saw this awesome DIY brooch on the Polkaros blog, I felt the need to share it…
1. Fabric dyes or acrylic paints
2. Cotton or linen fabric
3. Needle and thread
4. Brooch pin
5. Polyester filling
1. Cut out 2 pieces of silhouette of your preferred animal
2. Paint face details with fabric dyes or acrylic paints
3. Create patterns with masking tape
4. Sew 2 pieces of silhouette together, right sides facing each other
5. Leave a small opening for flipping fabric over
6. When sewing is complete, flip fabric over
7. Sew brooch pin on to the center of the back fabric
8. Add polyester filling
9. Sew up the opening
10. Ready to go!