Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A House Becomes A Home

I recently moved into a new flat, well the flat itself is not new, just me being in it…


Unpacking boxes has been reminiscent of the lucky packets I used to get when I was little – the fun of discovering something awesome that I had completely forgotten about as well as finding a few duds all wrapped up in bubble wrap and paper. 


At a stage I was overwhelmed  by the amount of stuff I have - vowing never again to buy another knick or acquire another knack. Ultimately, coming to the realisation that most of these things are not necessary objects - Things I could certainly do without.

That being said, I do believe that a lot of these things have turned my house into a home, and as much as they are not necessary for my survival - and would probably not be packed into a stylish rucksack (oxymoron?) come the apocalypse, they are all an extension of my personality and therefore a very necessary part of the character of my flat.
“Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”- William Morris
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment