Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 New Year's Resolutions


It is the second week I have been back at work this year…although I was ill for most of last week, which put a bit of a damper on my New Year’s resolutions. None the less, it is a new week, and I am feeling positive about my goals.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to achieve this year and about what resolutions were worth attempting again, and I came up with a really long list.

I listed big things, little things, things that were ambiguous, as well as things that were very specific. I have been carrying my list around with me, and adding things as I go along.

I have managed to summarise this list into a few main goals, which I believe cover most of the little goals, as well as having a list of goals that complement each other.

Worry Less
For as long as I can remember I have been a worrier – and although I am well aware that absolutely no good comes from worrying, I do it anyway. This year I am going to make a concerted effort to worry less.

Part of this is also resolving various issues which cause me worry.

Do More of What I Love
This is one of my ambiguous goals for 2015, but within it, falls many specific goals.
Create, art, travel, learn, laugh, write, read, blog, exercise…

Be Kind to My Body
Besides doing more exercise, I am going to try and commit to much healthier eating habits.
This is not to say I won't enjoy the good things in life, but I think that I need to find the balance between things that are good for me, and those that I enjoy, which are less healthy.

A big part of being kind to my body giving up smoking…again.
Because this is such a tough one, I have given myself until my birthday (August) to quit completely – But I am trying my best to stop before then.

Learn to Love Myself
“You need to love yourself…”
I have heard this phrase a lot, but until recently, I have never fully grasped it… In fact I am not sure if I even really do.
I hope to explore and understand this concept more this year – and hopefully in the process, learn to love myself.

Declutter My Life
I am quite easily overwhelmed, and a very big contributor to this feeling is clutter.
Too many plans, too much to do, an untidy space, an untidy mind…
I plan to get organized, to clear my mind, to say no.

I am happy to say that despite my setback last week, I am quite pleased with my progress so far.
Here’s hoping I can stay positive, and make progress with all of my resolutions.


Wish me luck xx


No comments:

Post a Comment