Friday, January 15, 2016

Fashion Friday: Gucci S16 RTW

Okay, so I know I am about a pre season late on the uptake of this one… But better late than never, hey?  

This collection though...

It may be one of the most inspiring ranges that I have seen in a long time. I often reflect on my days at college – where we were encouraged to push boundaries, with unusual styling and silhouettes and the unique details and finishes on our garments never went unnoticed. 
It is very different to the price driven, commercial facet of the business that I ended up working in.

This collection, by Alessandro Michele, takes me back to those days… The bold, colourful, eclectic days of creation for expression.

It is the Trompe l'oeil that initially caught my eye in this collection. The illusion of belts, bows and ruffles - Details brought to life by shimmering fabric. Quirky shoes and accessories that stand out, despite the dramatic garments. The combination of lightweight chiffons with shiny embossed brocade and the mixing of bold colours and different prints somehow works really well together - exciting my eyes and inspiring my mind.














All images, Vogue 

I hope you have a fabulous weekend friends!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment